By Brittany Mehciz, Communications Co-Chair
It’s only been a short five months since Vine made its debut in the app store and it’s already spreading like wild fire. With approximately five Vine tweets being sent every second, it’s no wonder why brands are experimenting with this new social channel. With Vine, you only have six seconds to impress your viewer so it’s imperative that you explain, engage and entertain in those six short seconds.
Check out the brands that have successfully adopted Vine as part of their social media strategy:
If you are looking into creating a Vine account for your brand or company here are a few shortcomings to keep in mind:
- Vines can’t be saved as drafts, which can be quite difficult for brands that require an extensive approval process for all of their social postings.
- The Vine app is only available on the iPhone – sorry Android users!
- Audio can hinder a brands Vine. Unless you have a completely silent setting in which you capture your Vine, you will experience an interrupted audio due to the stop motion video style of Vine.
Looking for ways that your brand can use Vine? Here are a few ideas:
- How to use your product – give viewers a quick demo of your product in action or in different views.
- Announcements – if your brand has a new product or a special promotion, Vine is an innovative platform to utilize for those big unveils.
- Holiday celebrations – creating a Vine to wish your followers a Happy Holidays/Valentine’s Day/St. Patrick’s Day/4th of July etc…is a great idea!
- Events or premieres – give your viewers a behind-the-scenes tour of your latest event or premiere. They’ll feel like they’re getting the red carpet experience in a short six second clip.
With the rapid growth that the Vine app has experienced in its short existence, it has definitely become another weapon in a brands social media arsenal.
Are you a fan of Vine?