Public Relations Society of America-L.A. Young Professionals
PRSA-LA’s Young Professionals group is excited to announce the YP Mentorship Program! This free program provides a fantastic opportunity for public relations students and those who are just starting a career in public relations to seek a mentor, as well as for current professionals of all experience levels to share what they’ve learned with a mentee.
Mentors and mentees will be matched, to the best of our abilities, according to their interests and experience within the public relations industry. Professionals with five years experience or more will mentor Young Professional who have 2 years of experience or less. Young Professional will mentor current College student or recent grads with no or little experience. YP looks to connect mentees with public relations practitioners who are eager to provide professional development tips and tools by bringing tangible skills and expertise to the relationship. Mentoring allows both parties the opportunity to expand their perspectives and build a larger network of industry contacts. By completing and submitting the form, the mentor/mentee agrees to:
- Orientation Meeting and Social Event-Introductions
- Communicate frequently with mentee, which may include telephone calls, emails, or face-to-face meetings.
- Share experiences and give honest feedback.
- Commit to being a mentor from the date of the pairing unless you leave the PR field.
- Coordinate a job shadow day.
- Career Development: This may include help with resume, job searching tools, etc.
- Attend Mentorship Meetings: Every two months.
- Final Program Meeting/Cocktail Party and Evaluation
- Submit an end-of-the-year report when the formal mentor ends that will provide feedback on how the year went or any suggestions for improvement.
Mentors: If interested, please send your contact information to Dillon Bianchi at email@example.com
- Attend the orientation meeting/social event where mentors and mentees will be introduced
- Be an active member of PRSA-LA YP and must attend at least four events in 2011.
- Show a commitment to PRSAY-LA YP by having attended at least one event prior to being assigned a mentor.
- Contact your mentor at least once a month.
- Define goals for what you would like to accomplish through this mentorship.
- Continue the mentorship for three months from the date of the pairing, unless you leave the public relations field.
- Attend the final program meeting, which will include a cocktail party and evaluation of both the mentor and mentee.
- Submit an end-of-the-year report when the formal mentorship ends that will provide feedback on how the year went or any suggestions for improvement.
Mentees: If interested, please send your contact information to Maria Rios at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT: You may be a mentor and mentee at the same time. Please submit an application for both a mentor and mentee.