PRSA-LA Young Professionals is a fun, educational and networking opportunity to get to know other young professionals in the industry. In addition to offering networking opportunities with some of the top PR professionals in Los Angeles , YP offers the following benefits:
- Monthly programs : Held the third Wednesday of each month, these meetings are educational programs relevant to entry and mid-level PR practitioners. Previous topics have included: The Perfect Pitch, How to Succeed in PR, Successful New Business Strategies, and Promoting Your #1 Client – You.
- YP Job Boards : Sent via e-mail every Friday, the YP Job board focuses on new positions available in the Los Angeles area. A mix of entry, mid and senior-level positions are often included.
- Networking Opportunities : Create relationships with peers as well as with experienced and respected industry professionals at monthly educational meetings and informal social mixers.
- Trevett Award : Established in 1991 to honor the memory of Tom Trevett, a co-founder of LA’s YP group, an award is given each year to the Most Outstanding Young Professional. A $1,000 prize is given to the first-place recipient and $500 to the second-place recipient. All young professionals in the greater LA area who are employed full time in public relations, have no more than three years of full-time experience and are in good standing with PRSA-LA are eligible to apply for the award.
- Discounts : Members are eligible for discounted admission to various PRSA-LA-sponsored meetings, conventions and other programs.
YP is a free member benefit to all active PRSA-LA members with fewer than three years of experience.
Monthly meeting costs are $10 for PRSA-LA members; $15 for non-members; and $5 for PRSSA members.